If you have a business (within the Dales or further afield) and an affinity with our special area, then you can help protect these unique landscapes and communities by becoming a Business Member of the Yorkshire Dales Society.
Your donation will help support the work of the Yorkshire Dales Society, to advance the public knowledge and appreciation of the social history and the physical and cultural heritage of the Yorkshire Dales and to preserve its condition, landscape and natural beauty.
Apart from this your direct benefits include:-
- Online presence – a listing with all our other Business Members on the online Yorkshire Dales Society Business Directory, with a short description of your business, image and a hyper link to your business website
- Welcome feature - a short article about your business in the Yorkshire Dales Review, (circulation 1300 to all Members, Business Members and partner organisations)
- A membership certificate – for display at your premises
- YDS Business Members Logo – opportunity to use the logo on your website (and to link back to the YDS website) and business stationery
- Yorkshire Dales Review – two complimentary copies of the Society’s prestigious colour quarterly magazine, with more available on request to display e.g. in accommodation
- AGM – invitation to the Society’s AGM held in a Dales village on a Saturday in early July, preceded by the Chairman’s walk in the local area. The AGM concludes with an entertaining and informative presentation from an invited Dales expert
- Free year round walks programme for all Members, led by YDS Council Members or invited experts, visiting the stunning landscapes and vibrant communities of the Dales
- Talks and lecture programme (small charge) in Dales based venues, with invited speakers, on a host of fascinating topics
By joining the Society as a Business Member, you must support our charitable objects (contained in our Memorandum of Association). Our key object is:
“To advance the public knowledge and appreciation of the social history and the physical and cultural heritage of the Yorkshire Dales, whilst preserving its condition, landscape and natural beauty”.
We also hope you will share our concern to support economic activity in the Yorkshire Dales by encouraging sustainable development in all its forms, especially farming, tourism, and small businesses within the Dales, providing such activity does not compromise the special landscape quality and natural beauty of the Dales.
We are improving the administration of Business Membership to enable us to offer an invoice/receipt service with BACS or DD payment.
Page Author: Administrator Last updated: 11 October 2012